[uClibc]symbolic-link trashage redux

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Fri Jul 26 13:48:47 UTC 2002

Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Thu Jul 25, 2002 at 11:13:41PM -0600, Erik wrote:
>
>>I fully agree here.  In fact, looking closer at what this is
>>doing, I don't see that find command actually doing anything
>>of value.
>

> I took a closer look, and it turns out that the find command kept
> popping up since mipsel failed to scrub include/sgidefs.h (a mips
> specific symlink) like it was supposed to.  So I just fixed that
> so there will be no reason for the gratuitous 'find' to return...

I apologize for the crapiness that I checked in. So I publicly
admit failure, sorry. Thanks Erik for finding that symlink problem.
I wasn't able to track it down, but it works great now. However,
the change you made to the 'libc/sysdeps/linux/mips/bits/syscalls.h'
file needs some work still. With your return statements back in
we get:

mipsel-linux-gcc -Wall -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs
-fno-strict-alia
sing -Os -fno-builtin -nostdinc  -I../../include -iwithprefix include
-I. -D_LIB
C  -DNDEBUG  -fPIC -D_LIBC_REENTRANT -DDL_TRACE
-DUCLIBC_TARGET_PREFIX=\"/\" -DU
CLIBC_DEVEL_PREFIX=\"/usr/mipsel-linux-uclibc\"
-DUCLIBC_BUILD_DIR=\"/home/sjhil
l/uClibc\" -I. -I./mipsel -I../libdl -c ldso.c -o ldso.o
In file included from ldso.c:117:
ld_syscall.h: In function `_dl_exit':
ld_syscall.h:47: warning: `return' with a value, in function returning void
ld_syscall.h: In function `_dl_mmap':
ld_syscall.h:58: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
In file included from ldso.c:159:
mipsel/boot1_arch.h:6:5: warning: multi-line string literals are deprecated
In file included from ldso.h:2,
                  from ldso.c:160:
ld_syscall.h: In function `_dl_parse_relocation_information':
ld_syscall.h:47: warning: statement with no effect
ld_syscall.h: In function `_dl_boot2':
ld_syscall.h:47: warning: statement with no effect
ld_syscall.h:47: warning: statement with no effect
ld_syscall.h:47: warning: statement with no effect
ld_syscall.h:47: warning: statement with no effect
ld_syscall.h: In function `_dl_get_ready_to_run':
ld_syscall.h:47: warning: statement with no effect
ld_syscall.h:47: warning: statement with no effect
ld_syscall.h:47: warning: statement with no effect
ld_syscall.h:47: warning: statement with no effect
ld_syscall.h:47: warning: statement with no effect
ld_syscall.h:47: warning: statement with no effect
ld_syscall.h: In function `_dl_fixup':
ld_syscall.h:47: warning: statement with no effect
ld_syscall.h: In function `_dl_malloc':
ld_syscall.h:47: warning: statement with no effect
In file included from ldso.c:1374:
ld_syscall.h: In function `search_for_named_library':
ld_syscall.h:47: warning: statement with no effect

I HATE having all those warnings. What about putting checks in
the _syscall macros to see if we are returning a void or void *
and not do the 'return -1' for those syscalls?

-Steve