[uClibc]uC-libc and uClibc

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Thu Jul 18 14:15:26 UTC 2002

Jivin Uwe Beutin lays it down ...

> [...]
>
> Which might also mean that things like printf() are reported to be
> "ancient" in current terms (floating point, etc.) as Manuel puts it?!

I won't pretend it's printf is as good as uClibc,  but it's not too bad
these days.  It doesn't include the floating point support unless you are
using shared libraries (to save some space in every app).  You can link
against libm (-lm) to get a FP capable printf if you need it.

At the end of the day you should choose what works best for your
particular application,

Cheers,
Davidm

davidm at snapgear.com  Fx: +61 7 3891 3630  825 Stanley St., W'gabba QLD 4102, Oz