[uClibc]Help with Samba

ed at linuxanthology.org ed at linuxanthology.org
Tue Jul 16 06:16:00 UTC 2002

Hey guys.  I've been working on getting Samba compiled with uClibc 0.9.12 with
the gcc 3.1 toolchain, and have run into a couple of snags.  Though the
functions seem to be declared in the headers, there doesn't seem to be a library
call for getwd() or sys_setgroups() in the actual library's themselves.  Is
there a workaround for this?  Also, I found that some definitions had not been
set properly in the header files which caused some other compile issues, which
I'll list once I get some sleep.  Until then, here's the error that is spit out:

Linking bin/smbd
lib/system.o: In functionn `sys_getwd':
lib/system.o:(.text+0x3d6): undefined reference to `getwd'
nsswitch/wb_client.o: In fuction `winbind_initgroups':
nsswitch/wb_client.o(.text+0x62b): undefined reference to `sys_setgroups'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/smbd] Error 1

All I need is the smbmount client out of the entire package.  Problem is, I
haven't been able to nail down why these errors are happening.  Any help is
always appreciated!

Ed Stafford