[uClibc]bogosity in gcc-uClibc.c

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Jul 5 22:47:06 UTC 2002

On Thu Jul 04, 2002 at 06:23:37PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> What is this (extra/gcc-uClibc/gcc-uClibc.c line 325):
>
>    #ifndef HAS_MMU
>                gcc_argv[i++] = "-Wl,-elf2flt";
>    #endif
>
> ?
>
> Perhaps that means something to the linkers for some MMU-less systems,
> but it doesn't to mine.  Presumably it should go in some
> system-dependent code somewhere.  Or something.

Interesting.  What sortof MMU-less system do you run?  Until
about a week ago, the only MMU-less linux I was aware of was
uClinux, which uses an ELF compiler and then has ld postprocess
thing into a flat model binary using the 'elf2flt' tool.   I just
recently became aware of another approach one company has taken
that does things differently.  Hmm.  Oh yes, you are not using an
ELF toolchain at all right?  COFF?  Yeah, I suppose that using
elf2flt with a COFF toolchain would be a bad idea.  I suppose
I should change that to

    -#ifndef HAS_MMU
    +#if defined HAVE_ELF && ! defined HAS_MMU

With that change (now in CVS) are things ok for you now?