[uClibc]mips clone.S & fork.S uclibc implementation

Phil Hopely phil at ayrnetworks.com
Tue Jul 2 18:47:05 UTC 2002

Greetings,

I am attempting to link a piece of software which uses pthreads for a
mips big endian target.

I get an unresolved symbol "clone" message out of uclibc's libpthread
during the link step.

Am I just being a bonehead & doing something wrong while compiling
uclibc, or is pthread support not really implemented for mips yet?

Here's my spelunking results: it appears that clone would normally be
defined in uclibc's libc, perhaps way down in libc/sysdeps/linux/mips/...

However, it appears that fork.S and clone.S are commented out of the end
of libc/sysdeps/linux/mips/Makefile's SSRC file list, as per:

 SSRC=bsd-_setjmp.S bsd-setjmp.S setjmp.S #fork.S clone.S

Browsing the repository, it appears that SSRC for mips was first defined
between revision 1.8 and 1.9 on 2/4/2.

If somebody could let me know what the current state of pthread support
for mips is, I would be greatly appreciative!

Thanks much,
Phil