[uClibc]Question concerning 'mipsel' support...

Geoffrey Espin espin at idiom.com
Mon Jan 28 21:01:47 UTC 2002

> From: "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill at cotw.com>
> I am attempting to compile uclibc using a nearly stock 2.4.17
> kernel from the Linux/MIPS repository at oss.sgi.com. I seem
> to be changing a lot of files just to get it to compile to a
> certain point. I had to edit 'include/sys/syscall.h' and
> comment out the #include for 'syscalls.h' since it does not
> exist. I am using the latest binutils out of cvs and gcc-3.1
> which also the cvs version. Is there a recommended toolchain?

I used HJ Lu's.  But mipsel is missing some vital functions like
vfork/setjmp/...  so no dice.

Shane Nay said in late December that he was hoping to tackle
this... someone else claimed they had a hacked version working...
but nothing has been posted. :-(

Geoff
--
Geoffrey Espin
espin at idiom.com
--

>From uclibc-admin at uclibc.org Thu Dec 20 18:53:44 2001
>From: Shane Nay <shane at minirl.com>
>To: andersen at codepoet.org, Song Wang <wsong at ece.uci.edu>
>Subject: Re: [uClibc]Re: Help on mips support of uclibc
>Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:56:48 -0800
>Cc: uclibc at uclibc.org

If someone is currently trying to get uClibc working on mipsel,
please let me know everything that's not working, and I'll see about
getting it working.  I'm not currently working on mips, but I have
lots of test machines, and have been re-tracing over my ARM shared
lib work recently and might be coaxed into doing a quick and dirty
MIPS port for the shared libs as well.  (It's really not that hard,
mips assembly is cake compared to some architectures)

Thanks,
Shane Nay.