[uClibc]Problem with uClibc and shared libraries on ARM

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Mon Jan 28 13:18:13 UTC 2002

On Mon Jan 28, 2002 at 02:26:17AM +0000, Alex Holden wrote:
> with an older precompiled uClibc works too. Whenever I try to run
> anything which is dynamically built against a version of uClibc I've
> built myself though, it always instantly segfaults. Stracing it shows it
> segfaulting straight after calling exec:
>
> execve("./busybox", ["./busybox"], [/* 19 vars */]) = 0
> --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) ---
> +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++

I believe I've found and fixed the source of this problem.  It
turns out that older toolchains can't cope with 'ld -nostdlib'
and silently produce complete crap instead of doing the right
thing.  I'd recently switched to using 'ld' to link the libraries
instead of gcc, and had left in the -nostdlib flag which worked
fine on my system.   But with older toolchains it was just not a
good thing.  Anyways, I've fixed thing up in CVS now, so the
segfaults should be all gone now...

Try again?