[uClibc]Libraries on target machine...

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Jan 24 06:42:46 UTC 2002

On Thu Jan 24, 2002 at 01:10:24AM -0500, Thomas Cameron wrote:
>     This leads me to two questions.  The first question is, what
> libraries need to be and/or should be present on a target system?  I am

The needed libraries depends on what applications are using.
It really just depends...  You need to run 'ldd' to ask the
apps themselves what libraries they need.

> using an x86 machine for the target, and am compiling in RPC, C_99 math,
> etc.  My second question is this.  Are there any more up-to-date sources
> for libraries and threir names/locations?  Obviously this is less of a
> problem than it was over the past six months or so, where uClibc saw a
> few re-organizations, but it is still a concern.

Hmm.  I'm not sure what you are wanting to know here.

>     Okay, I lied.  I just came up with a third question.  Under x86, how
> well supported is the pthreads stuff?  I know that a few months ago

The uClibc pthreads stuff is a quick hack I did.  Don't trust it
or rely on it.  I will be fixing up the thread support properly
over the next few months...