[uClibc]Suggested change to the makefile

Matthew Bloch mattbee at soup-kitchen.net
Tue Jan 22 20:29:40 UTC 2002

Hi;

I've had a bit of grief from what I expected 'make install' to do:
basically because it executes this command:

install -m 755 ldso/util/ldd $(PREFIX)$(DEVEL_PREFIX)/bin

which means that if you haven't got a bin directory in your DEVEL_PREFIX
directory, ldd gets copied as a file called bin, and subsequent installs
fail with a funny-looking error.  A quick:

mkdir -p $(PREFIX)$(DEVEL_PREFIX)/bin
mkdir -p $(PREFIX)$(DEVEL_PREFIX)/lib

beforehand could sort this out, and I've added that to my private copy to
stop it confusing me.

--
Matthew       > http://www.soup-kitchen.net/