[uClibc]about latest cvs linking changes

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Wed Jan 16 09:03:19 UTC 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:44:21 -0700, Erik Andersen <andersen at codepoet.org>
wrote:

>Ok, I just found the problem.  The version of binutils I was
>using when I made the change was doing a good job at reading my

>To fix it, I added -Bdynamic to the link line to tell ld that I
>really want libc linked dynamically.  This avoids the need for a

Yes, now I get shared libs, but for libdl-0.9.8.so which is still static,
but it's just a matter of editing ldso/libdl/Makefile.

Thanks

There's another problem, though.

Red Hat 6.x / glibc-2.1.2-11:
I had to undef UNIX98PTY_ONLY to make it compile, otherwise:

ptsname.c:84: #error "UNIX98PTY_ONLY requested but TIOCGPTN is undefined."
ptsname.c: In function `ptsname_r':
ptsname.c:69: warning: unused variable `ptyno'
make[2]: *** [ptsname.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/go/src/redhat/BUILD/uClibc-0.9.8/libc/stdlib'
make[1]: *** [_dir_stdlib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/go/src/redhat/BUILD/uClibc-0.9.8/libc'
make: *** [_dir_libc] Error 2

giulioo at pobox.com