[uClibc]Shared libm issue on SH

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Jan 9 13:46:49 UTC 2002

On Wed Jan 09, 2002 at 06:51:46AM -0600, M. R. Brown wrote:
> # LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1 /usr/local/bin/madplay
>         libm.so.0 => /lib/libm.so.0 (0x2957c000)
>         libc.so.0 => /lib/libc.so.0 (0x29592000)
>         /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x29556000)
>
> (yes, madplay is nice, I have to get around to implementing SH-specific
> math routines, eventually).

Ok, so ld-linux.so.2 is doing the right thing (looks like
there must be a bug lurking in the uClibc ldd implementation).

> > Do you have DOLFS enabled in uClibc?  I see the glibc lib loader
> > is using the large file versions of things, which could be a
> > problem if you have those disabled....
> >

> Heh, the comments in the default Config.sh suggested that DOLFS wasn't
> needed/implemented (you might want to update those).  But I recompiled with
> DOLFS=true, and unfortunately there's no change in behaviour.

bummer.  Was worth a try.

Sorry about that, yeah I did the large file stuff a bit ago.
I'll go fixup the DOLFS comments.  Ok, fixed.

> Could this be isolated to libm.so?  I can have other apps linked against
> stuff like libncurses that run fine.  Initially I was worried about the
> undefined reference to main in the original build step, so I recompiled
> uClibc for i386 to see if it was a SH-only thing.  It was.  Are you certain
> there isn't a missing init sequence somewhere in libc/libm (ignorance of
> uClibc source shines through ;))?
>
> M. R.

I was just looking back over the straces you gave me, and noticed
that in both cases, it was choking on a TCGETS ioctl.  That got
me looking at isatty() and tcgetattr().  Out of curiosity, what
kernel version are you using, and what does struct termio in
uClibc/include/asm/termios.h look like?