[uClibc]Shared libm issue on SH

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Jan 9 12:28:27 UTC 2002

On Wed Jan 09, 2002 at 06:07:10AM -0600, M. R. Brown wrote:
> So far, so good.  However, when I do an ldd (uClibc's ldd) on both files I get this:

In this case, since you are using glibc's /lib/ld-linux.so.2,
you can use LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1 /usr/local/bin/madplay
to get directly ldd  behavior directly from the shared lib loader.

> # ldd /usr/local/bin/madplay
> 	libm.so.0 => /lib/libc.so.0
> 	libc.so.0 => /lib/libc.so.0
> 	/lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2

That is pretty odd.   Could be a bug in the uClibc ldd
implementation though.  Lets check using the trick above.  (BTW,
madplay is a fine choice for an mp3 player, and I've run it on
x86 and ARM using uClibc).

> mpg123 is the same.  The attached strace shows that libm *is* being loaded.  Wtf is going on?
>
> M. R.

Do you have DOLFS enabled in uClibc?  I see the glibc lib loader
is using the large file versions of things, which could be a
problem if you have those disabled....