[uClibc]mipsel syscall stat ... argh!

Geoffrey Espin espin at idiom.com
Wed Feb 20 02:11:56 UTC 2002

Headbanging excercise... (for me at least)

Using uclibc-mipsel to build busybox, its nearly ok, but 'vi'
doesn't work when opening an existing file.

The problem is stat() returns a huge, bogus number.  I've
instrumented uclibc/syscall, statfix, and even my kernel's
linux/fs/stat.c:sys_newstat() call.  The kernel sys_newstat
reports ".st_size" correctly... but by time it percolates to uclibc:xstat
it is something else.  Other "struct stat" values may be correct.

Hopefully, by sending this message the answer will come to me as
soon as I hit <return>.... :-)

Geoff
--
Geoffrey Espin