[uClibc]uClibc/mipsel

Geoffrey Espin espin at idiom.com
Sat Feb 16 02:50:41 UTC 2002

Erik,

> > What needs to be done to compile on a mipsel machine?  I wasn't
> > sure if I should list it in the Debian architectures, and if it
> > would compile or not.
> Tim Riker has a Cobalt/mips box running Debian woody:
> and he let me use that to get mips up and running.  Using stock
> CVS uClibc code with the default Config.mips (adjusted to point
> to some kernel headers) it compiles up just fine on Tim's mips
> box and it seems to work (modulo arch specific bugs as noted
> earlier in the thread),

Not sure what you mean by "seems to work".

With my patch, to follow, here is my current state for
uClibc/mipsel with 2.4.17+sf.net on Korva/Markham VR41xx:

Everything built and ran (apparently) correctly, accept as noted.

ldso    -- won't build (expected)
malloc  -- OOM but okay with smaller # allocs
math    -- runs but lots of inconsistencies
misc    -- won't build
pthread -- won't build (expected)

% stdlib/mallocbug
PASS: malloc expands info table              # is this correct result?

% stdlib/qsort
Got -1 entries from scandir().
Got -1 entries from scandir() using alphasort().
Calling qsort()
Segmentation fault

% # all other stdlib functions work fine

% mmap/mmap
mmap: Invalid argument
%

---------