[uClibc]uClibc : strcasecmp() behaviour incorrect

Brian Stafford brian.stafford at office-logic.com
Tue Feb 12 09:19:59 UTC 2002

On Mon, 11 February 21:30 Mark Robson wrote:

> strcasecmp() does not behave in the same manner as in glibc, and probably
> incorrectly.

I've just checked my copy of SUSv2.  It states

     Upon completion, strcasecmp() returns an integer greater than, equal
     to or less than 0, if the string pointed to by s1 is, ignoring case,
     greater than, equal to or less than the string pointed to by s2
     respectively.

My own mantra: always refer to the standard, not another implementation ;)

For those who are interested, SUSv2 is available online or to download for
personal use at www.opengroup.org upon registration.

Brian Stafford