[uClibc]Re: uclibc tool installation

Miles Bader miles at lsi.nec.co.jp
Fri Feb 1 08:05:32 UTC 2002

Erik Andersen <andersen at codepoet.org> writes:
> So, is it ldd or readelf or both that you object to.  I can
> certainly see the case for not installing readelf to the host
> system (since the host system will surely have the full readelf
> from binutils installed).

Ah, perhaps there's a misunderstanding here -- I don't mean either of those
things (no shared libraries on the v850!), I'm talking about the aliases
installed by `extra/gcc-uClibc/Makefile' (where `v850' is the name of my
architecture, and the normal cross tools use a prefix of `v850e-elf-'):

    gcc -> v850-uclibc-gcc
    ld -> v850-uclibc-ld
    as -> v850e-elf-as
    objcopy -> v850e-elf-objcopy

These are what I don't want (but I do want the `v850-uclibc-xxx' stuff).

-Miles
--
Is it true that nothing can be known?  If so how do we know this?  -Woody Allen