[uClibc]problems building openssh with uClibc.

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Sat Dec 28 00:34:43 UTC 2002

On Sat Dec 28, 2002 at 12:58:37AM +0100, Terje Kvernes wrote:
> configure: WARNING: ****** Your snprintf() function is broken, complain to your vendor
> checking whether getpgrp requires zero arguments... yes
> checking OpenSSL header version... not found
> configure: error: OpenSSL version header not found.
>
>   according to google the snprintf issue comes from using the wrong
>   libz and openssh having nsl issues.  sadly enough, I've been unable
>   to realize what I should do to fix this situation.  any advice is
>   gratefully considered.  :-)

Build openssl and zlib so they are both linked vs uClibc and then
install them into your uClibc development area.  I do this all
correctly with buildroot (available from the uClibc cvs server).
Another option, since you are building for i386, you can grab the
pre-built uClibc ext2 filesystem from the uClibc download area
and grab things from that (or build things within it) and things
should work just fine for you,