[uClibc]compiling grub?

Michael Adams bulk at michaeladams.org
Sat Dec 21 10:01:30 UTC 2002

Simon Davis wrote:

>I downloaded the source and set the CC environment variable to i386-uclibc-gcc and passed the
>--with-binutils=<path to uclibc bin> to the configure script.

Assuming you're using the wrapper, the usual way of doing this is
exporting the path to your uclibc wrappers.
Also, isn't --with-binutils merely a boolen value?

>checking whether  works for absolute addresses... configure: error:  cannot create binary files

I may be completely wrong, but the double space after 'whether' suggests
that some program should be, but isn't defined. Try just exporting the
path to uclibc/usr/bin and doing a ./configure all on it's own.

--Michael Adams.

ps : for the curious, got XFree86 Xvesa installed and working just fine,
though xterm is linking to gnu-libc for some reason, but I can probaly
fix that. Thanks for the help guys.