[uClibc]Compiling X...

Christian MICHON christian_michon at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 19 07:39:18 UTC 2002

--- Michael Adams wrote:
> Sorry if this is a completely stupid question, but I'm having some
> trouble compiling XFree86 with uclibc. I've searched the archieve, but
> nothing much came up.
<snip>

Did you look at subjects like tinyx or xfree86 ?

> What I do is set up the path, run make World in the xc/ dir, and almost
> straight away it fails, with a huge list of errors.
<snip>

I can't comment if this is due to your "bastardized RH7.2", as you wrote
it, but you should provide a host.def file in xc/config/cf before making
a "make World".

Why ?
1) if you're using the wrapper, xc won't know if needs to call the wrapper
instead of cc/gcc
2) if you're using the toolchain, it would work, but if you launch it as
root, you'd erase your existing /usr/X11R6 with the uclibc... ;)

Count yourself lucky if you were root that it failed first. Please send
a host.def and I can try to have a look (if this is not from RH7.2).

Christian