[uClibc]Re: menuconfig is flaky on gnome-terminal

Alexander Pevzner pzz at pzz.msk.ru
Fri Dec 13 15:40:05 UTC 2002

Hello, Miles Bader!

13 Dec 2002 13:38:33 +0900 you wrote:

MB> The menuconfig stuff seems to have been changed to not fork a process
MB> to redisplay the menu; this is good because it's much faster/slicker,
MB> but it causes lots of display problems if you're using a gnome-terminal
MB> to display the menu (it works much better on a real xterm).

Terminal emulation in gnome-term is _extremely_ buggy. I tell it as
a person who spent 4 years in development of commercial quality
terminal emulation program :-)

If you'll try the vttest program, which is an excellent vt100/vt220
compatibility test, gnome-term will not pass a half of the tests.
xterm passes the most of them.

--
        Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at pzz.msk.ru)