[uClibc]Another pthread bug

Nathan Field ndf at cs.hmc.edu
Thu Dec 12 01:05:49 UTC 2002

I've forwarded several bug reports with fixes to the uclibc mailing list
but I've never received any responses. Can anyone tell me if these fixes
are being integrated into the next uclibc release or if I should be
sending them in some other way?

Not too big this time around, in pthread.c:pthread_handle_create:

----
              /* We have to set the PID here since the callback function
                 in the debug library will need it and we cannot guarantee
                 the child got scheduled before the debugger.  */
              new_thread->p_pid = pid;

              /* Now call the function which signals the event.  */
              __linuxthreads_create_event ();

          }

          /* [NDF] Minor bugfix, this unlock should happen regardless of
           * whether the clone succeeds since the lock happens in both
cases. */
          /* Now restart the thread.  */
          __pthread_unlock(new_thread->p_lock);
----

I moved the __pthread_unlock out of the if case.

	nathan