[uClibc]uClibc-based server

Tony Tonchev tony at ceenet.com
Wed Dec 11 16:45:23 UTC 2002

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replys...

I did do some homework before I went off to do this. In addition to the
uClibc archives I did take a look at the LFS uClibc howto along with a
number of other write-ups on the process of getting a basic system up and
running. The first thing I looked at was the 3 part article ELJ article by
Bruce Perens. I think that's when the gears started turning...

At any rate, I think that at this point the problem I am having is specific
to code linking itself to libnsl.so.1 which in turn links against glibc. The
linker complains about a conflict between uClibc and glibc.
Understandable...

I dont need NIS/YP support so libnsl isn't required fur my purpose. Maby i
need to have LDAP active. I don't know...

I am having a hard time preventing configure from seeing and tagging -lnsl
support when generating the config file. In this particular case it's PHP
i'm having a problem with. I'm using gcc3.2 on Slackware-9-rc and the
uClibc-current wrapper. I'm not using the toolchain. I'm stuck on compiling
PHP 4.2.3. Even though I have disabled YP support in configure and LIBNSL,
and some related functions in php.config.h, the same keeps occurring.

The first question I should ask is has anyone compiled PHP successfully and
what did they have to do to achieve that?

I'm trying to compile a stripped-down CLI version of PHP for command line
use.

Also any idea on compiling the latest version of devfsd. Found patches for
older versions but not the latest...

Thanks in advance...

Tony