[uClibc]trouble building buidlroot

Goetz Bock bock at blacknet.de
Wed Dec 11 02:14:00 UTC 2002

Dear list, Erik,

as I'm still unable to make the TuxScreen buildroot work for me, I've
decided to first try to build a buildroot for/with uclibc.

I've checked out the latest buildroot from CVS (some time ago, but just
ran cvs up), but compiling fails:

checking whether the C compiler (/home/DEVEL/uclibc/buildroot/build/gcc-final/gcc/xgcc -B/home/DEVEL/uclibc/buildroot/build/gcc-final/gcc/ -B/home/DEVEL/uclibc/buildroot/build/staging_dir/i386-linux/bin/ -B/home/DEVEL/uclibc/buildroot/build/staging_dir/i386-linux/lib/ -isystem /home/DEVEL/uclibc/buildroot/build/staging_dir/i386-linux/include -g -Os) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.
make[1]: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/DEVEL/uclibc/buildroot/build/gcc-final'
make: *** [/home/DEVEL/uclibc/buildroot/build/gcc-final/.compiled] Error 2
bock at dragon /home/DEVEL/uclibc/buildroot$

I'm triing to build a i386 buidlroot, with busybox and uclibc snapshoots
and target to build a arm crosscompiler.

I'm using gcc3.2 and glibc2.4 on the host system (a Duron 1GHz).

When executing the above command line with a simple c script, it
complains about a missing crt0.o. That exists in ./build/staging-dir/lib
but that direcroty is not part of the default searchpath of xgcc.

Any pointers are appriciated.
--
Goetz Bock       (c) 2002 as     blacknet.de - Munich - Germany   /"\
IT Consultant    GNU FDL 1.1    secure mobile Linux everNETting   \ /