[uClibc]Re: How to make a v850(e)-elf cross compiler from the gcc3.2-uclibc-toolchain

Miles Bader miles at lsi.nec.co.jp
Tue Dec 10 01:36:15 UTC 2002

Anders Boegild <sredna at mip.sdu.dk> writes:
> I'm not quite sure what to put in the makefile to make a cross sompiler
> for the v850(e)-elf target from the gcc 3.3 uclibc toolchain.
> I've tryed this but shortly after downloading the uclibc snapshot it fails:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the `gcc 3.3 uclibc toolchain' --
the configuration file you quote doesn't appear to be from either uClibc
or gcc...

Oh, wait, I just noticed the subject line ... :-)

I've never used the `gcc3.2-uclibc-toolchain'; I guess that some extra
stuff that Erik wrote to make building a toolchain easier, but it's
really not necessary.*

I just use a properly compiled gcc/binutils and uClibc.  For compiling
user programs, I use a shell-script gcc wrapper that invokes
`v850-uclibc-gcc' and then elf2flt to make a flat binary for uClinux.

[I've been meaning to try to get the v850 in sync with the other
 various toolchain wrappers out there, but haven't had the time so far;
 it's always a bit harder to find time when you've already got a
 working solution!]

I guess what you need depends on how you're going to use the programs
you compile -- are you going to use uClinux?

-Miles

* Please correct me if I'm wrong, Erik!
--
I have seen the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo