[uClibc]Bug report: gcc wrapper

John Stebbins jstebbins at mystrotv.com
Mon Dec 2 22:25:26 UTC 2002

I didn't see an obvious way to make bug reports on the home page, so I
thought I'd just blast it to the mailing list.

When building XFree86 4.2.0, imake does not function correctly when the
uClibc gcc wrapper is in your path.

imake pipes a C program to gcc and uses the "-x" flag to tell the
compiler that stdin is
a C language program.  The "-x" flag applies to all files listed after
the flag, including files that the uClibc wrapper adds to the command
line.  Since these files that the wrapper adds are objects that were
meant to be linked rather than compiled, chaos follows.

The solution is to add "-x none" after the original command line args
and before args that the wrapper adds.

John