[uClibc]Trouble with openssh

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Sun Dec 1 19:32:50 UTC 2002

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 11:19:40AM -0800, Dana Soward wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to compile openssh-3.5p1 using uclibc, but i get this
> every time, no matter what i pass for LDFLAGS or CPPFLAGS:
>
> checking whether snprintf correctly terminates long strings... no
> configure: WARNING: ****** Your snprintf() function is broken, complain
> to your vendor

Not again... doesn't anyone ever bother searching the list archives?
The gcc wrapper "leaks" system libs.  The problem here is libnsl.
Quoting one of several related previous messages...

  Here's what I do to disable nsl in the openssh configure script.
  Essentially it just (crudely) eliminates all attempts to add -lnsl to
  the LIBS var.

  cp configure configure.nsl
  cat configure.nsl | sed -e 's/LIBS.*lnsl/#disable -lnsl/' > configure

  Of course, it would be better if a number of configure scripts had
  some method of turning off nsl support...

Alternately you can grab Erik's buildroot stuff and build a native
toolchain that doesn't "leak".

Manuel