[uClibc]Looks right but is wrong

Christian MICHON christian_michon at yahoo.fr
Fri Aug 30 10:25:45 UTC 2002

Hi Fredrik,

<-- snip -->
> Finally I compile dillo and depending on which version of ldd I use i get
> different results.
<-- snip -->

Cool. Just tried Dillo on sparc, to see whether it will compile cleanly on
x86 just after... Seems ok.

I may not be the right person to answer you, but a few things seems not
legal here... You've got quite a number of not found... :o

It seems you compiled uclibc in /usr/i386-linux-uclibc and dillo in
/usr/local/embedded. I see 2 solutions:

1) move the libz, libpng, libjpeg, libgtk, libgtk, etc... into
/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib. I know it's not clean, but it's a quick and
dirty trick. Anyway, what is compiled with uclibc should stay close to
uclibc installation directories (my personal point of view, only)

*OR*

2) update your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to contain /usr/local/embedded/lib in it.
This is clean, but you'll start spreading lib references for each new
--prefix you'll use.

You do either one of this on both compiling system and target, and normally
ldd will display something meaningfull (BTW, it should be i386-uclibc-ldd if
it's the wrapper install), and the application should work on the target.

The locale messages seems normal to me.
Good luck.

Christian

PS: will try tonight anyway :))