[uClibc]Xlib.h

Christian MICHON christian_michon at yahoo.fr
Thu Aug 29 01:04:17 UTC 2002

> I'm trying to cross compile X onto an Arm board and I'm having the
> following error
<-- snip -->

David,

try this when making World:
  make CC='arm-linux-gcc -I<absolute_path_to_xc>/lib' World

It happened to me when I used the x86 uclibc wrapper as a cross compiler
for x86, which wasn't a good idea back then. There must be a neater way
by adding a IncDir, Pre or Post, containing $(TOP)/lib or something alike.

Godspeed.

PS: TinyX on ARM should have the same problem as x86. Xfbdev needs 16bits
depth at least, or the color is garbage. A problem between linux kernel
fb/8bpp and Xfbdev, according to the creator of TinyX. Just an early
warning, if you want your colors right from the start.