[uClibc]uclibc-cvs breaks busybox df command

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Aug 28 20:08:26 UTC 2002

On Wed Aug 28, 2002 at 12:54:55PM -0700, David Meggy wrote:

> I tried with uClibc0.9.15 this morning and the problem still exists.  I
> don't have time to look into it now, but I will check later.
>

> When it does crash the program the pc register is as <40032178>.  Does
> this high number mean it is in a shared library(uClibc?)?  I don't fully
> know how libraries are linked in, or where that number comes from in a
> shared object.

Ah-ha!  That means that busybox df attempted a floating point
instruction and your ARM-linux kernel does not have the FPU
emulator enabled.  Configure your kernel with CONFIG_FPE_NWFPE=y
and recmompile and then you will be fine.  That explains why it
works on my Netwinder, but not your system -- I have the FPU
emulator enabled on my system,