[uClibc]Preparing for another release....

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Mon Aug 26 21:55:34 UTC 2002

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 04:42:26PM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> Please give the latest and greatest in CVS a try...  Unless any
> major bugs show up uClibc 0.9.15 will be released tomorrow
> (Monday).  Be aware that this release will _not_ be binary
> compatible with earlier releases.  Applications and shared
> libraries using uClibc will need to be recompiled.  I do not
> anticipate any future binary incompatible changes, but this one
> was necessary for this release.

Is it still the case that changing options in the Config will
cause binary incompatibilities?  I have no problem with this
by itself, but if there's going to be a "standard" ABI, it
would be nice to have the exact specifications of this
documented somewhere.  (With prodding, I can help with this.)

Also, as the maintainer of the Debian uclibc packages, I
strongly suggest changing the soname.  (Especially to one
that, say, doesn't conflict with glibc on the Hurd.)

By the way, does ld-uClibc support versioned symbols?

dave...