[uClibc]Amended: Easy Tinyx for X86 in 3 steps

Christian MICHON christian_michon at yahoo.fr
Sat Aug 24 16:54:34 UTC 2002

> 1) download latest and greatest from CVS, install wrapper preferrably
> (faster)

Doh ! Forgot to mention these important details...
Make sure you modify Config.i386 with the following options:
DO_C99_MATH = true
HAS_LONG_LONG = false
HAS_SHADOW = true
HAS_WCHAR = true

> 2) download X420src-1.tgz, uncompress, copy host.def into xc/config/cf
> (I attached mine to this email: it's for TinyX only. Change exp to
> what_u_want)

Somebody asked privately for the file. Maybe my attachement is not visible
in the mailing list archives.
Here is the plain text of "host.def":

#define BuildFonts NO
#define BuildServersOnly NO
#define KDriveXServer YES
#define KdriveServerExtraDefines -DMAXSCREENS=3
#define TinyXServer YES
#define XfbdevServer YES
#define HasLibCrypt YES
#define ProjectRoot /exp/X11R6
#define UseSeparateConfDir NO

> 3) go into xc and 'make CC=i386-uclibc-gcc World'

That should do it. Please, if anyone can reproduce the keyboard problems, I'm
interested. If anyone can fix it, cool. So far, I've been investigating libXt
which may be the culprit. I also diff'ed the compiling options between
gcc+glibc
and gcc_wrapper+uclibc. I still have not a clue yet, but won't give up.

The good thing is that rxvt doesn't use libXt... ;)

Christian