[uClibc]Some problems with uclibc and tmpfs

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Aug 23 12:57:15 UTC 2002

On Fri Aug 23, 2002 at 08:01:00AM +0000, E.Spakman at inter.nl.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some problems with symlinks on a tmpfs with tinylogin/uclibc.
> When I make the symbolic links:
> cd /dev
> ln -sf /proc/self/fd fd
> ln -sf fd/0 stdin
> ln -sf fd/1 stdout
> ln -sf fd/2 stderr
> I can't login. Removing the symbolic links and it works...

Out of curiosity, at what point in your boot process is the /proc
filesystem mounted?  Are you 100% certain the proc filesystem is
indeed getting mounted before tinylogin is executed?

Regardless, the only thing I can think of is the approach I
have taken in uClibc's ttyname():
	uClibc/libc/termios/ttyname.c
which differs considerable from glibc....