[uClibc]Tiny C Compiler!

Glenn McGrath bug1 at optushome.com.au
Mon Aug 19 14:59:08 UTC 2002

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:33:52 -0700 (PDT)
hooh pxw <electrorb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi, i have suggestion.
> Suggestion is simple, Instead of using Native uClibc/gcc-3.1.1
> toolchain, Do make Native uClibc/Tcc-0.9.10 toolchain.

I tried compiling busybox using tcc, tcc seems to have problems with
automatic casting, it can be fixed by specifying more precicly when your
casting, it also had problems handling some #ifdef #endif statements. I
got upto compiling libbb and it stoped at syscalls with this error.

/libbb/syscalls.c:44: '__asm__' undeclared

__asm__ scares me so i stopped there.

On a more positive note, on a very simple test it did compile 10% smaller
than gcc -Os so it has promise.

Oh and when it caught some of the casting errors it said the error was on
the next line.

Glenn