[uClibc]uClibc based linuxfrom scratch system "hint"

Sanctus Evanidus evanidus at videotron.ca
Fri Aug 16 15:07:29 UTC 2002

I've been suggested that I should mention the existance of this "hint", which
basicaly provides extra instructions and small patches to compile a full
linuxfromscratch system (www.linuxfromscratch.org) using uClibc rather than
glibc, on this mailling list. In other words: build temporary glibc linked
static utilities, build uClibc inside a chroot environement without glibc
around, build a uclibc linked GCC's C 'and' C++ compiler then all the rest.

Note: This isn't really made to build a "minimal/small" system, it is more
to build an ordinary system which will obviously use much less ressources
than with glibc.

So, if this can be useful for anyone, here is a link to the "hint":

http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/uclibc-lfs.txt

-Evan