[uClibc]Re: libc/inet/rpc Makefile change

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Aug 15 09:55:04 UTC 2002

On Thu Aug 15, 2002 at 05:33:31PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> My impression is that the BB runtime code could probably handle this
> sort of thing, it's just the build system that would need kicking...
>
> What do you think?

Yup.  IT could easily be done.  I actually started doing this one
day a couple of years ago, but never finished and forgot about
it.  The basic idea is very similar to how in uClibc I build
multiple .o files from the same source by passing in a unique
-DFOO that changes per .o.  The same basic thing would work for
busybox.  For example when compiling cat.c you would set the
define to somethine like -Dcat_main=main...