[uClibc]tn5250 and uclibc

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Aug 13 10:35:42 UTC 2002

On Tue Aug 13, 2002 at 12:22:27PM +0200, Claus Rosenberger wrote:

> ok but what's up with this issue?
>
> If the compiler find this library nsl will be included while compiling the
> source. But i use the toolchain and i think the i386-uclibc-gcc should
> only search libraries in the staging directory and not in the whole
> system. if i run "i386-uclibc-gcc --print-search-dirs" it show /lib,
> /usr/lib and so on.
> if i run the same command with to prog in build/gcc-final it show the
> right directories, why ?

This is one of the downsides to using the uClibc compiler wrapper
and not a native uClibc/gcc toolchain....   I have never
been able to completely eliminate the possibility for libraries
to leak through from the system.  As far as I know, the only way
to eliminate this is to patch gcc, but if are going to rebuild
the toolchain anyways, why not build a native toolchain?

I wish someone could prove me wrong, and show me some magic
hidden gcc option that could fix the possiblity of library
leaks.