[uClibc]Re: [uClinux-dev] toolchains?

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Mon Aug 12 23:03:25 UTC 2002

Jivin Robert Daniels lays it down ...
> I have a question about which toolchain is best to use for development on a
> coldfire 5272 uClinux platform.  I see that on the uClibc website, there is
> support for both gcc 2.95 and gcc 3.1.  The uClinux site has a 2.95 based
> m68k-elf toolchain.  Why are these two versions available and which should
> be used in my situation?

I'm not sure if Erik has pulled in all the nommu patches with the uClibc
toolchains,  but there definately aren't any 3.1 patches yet.

I suspect for coldfire/m68knommu you will be better off with the
uClinux.org compilers.  That's what most of the uClinux coldfire developers
are using,

Cheers,
Davidm