[uClibc]Problems building uClibc with thread support

Stefan Andersson stefan.andersson at tritech.se
Wed Apr 24 15:28:18 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm about to write an application for an ARM-plattform which is running uClinux (kernel version 2.0.39.1) and I would like to use threads (pthreads) - the uClibc included by the develpment environment for my plattform is v0.9.8 and as far as I know this version don't support pthreads.
To solve this problem I downloaded the "snapshot"-version of uClibc and tried to build this with thread-support (INCLUDE_THREADS=true).
The uClibc seems to compile ok, but when I try to make my own application I get lots of errors, like:

/opt/wrap/arm-elf/lib/libc.a(__lic_read.o): In function `pread':
__libc_read.o(.text+0x4c): multiple definition of `pread'
/opt/wrap/arm-elf/lib/libc.a(_exit.o)(.text+0x34): first defined here
etc.

Does anyone know what might be wrong? Have I missed some options that needs to be set or something like that...?
Is it even possible to build the "latest" uClibc with the 2.0.39.1-kernel headers (and to run the application on the target platform)??

I'm a newbe to uClibc/uClinux so I may have got somthing completely wrong =)
I would be greatful for any help...

/Stefan