[uClibc]thanks Dwayne !

Christian MICHON christian_michon at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 23 06:32:44 UTC 2002

Hi Dwayne,

The settings in your config.h are the one by default. So just now I was back
to my initial problem: I have a kernel with devpts enabled, and a system with
fstab containing devpts, and a chroot-able environment with the latest
uclibc env....

When I read myself again, I realized the devpts was *NOT* mounted in the
chroot-able partition. Hence no rxvt/xterm and alike were able to make use
of devpts... Now the problem is fixed. Thanks again Dwayne for the tip.

Erik,
the good news is now that xterm was the last client from Xfree I was having
problem with. I'll retry on the 2 other systems I have and will confirm later.

BTW, I still do not know why glibc-2.2.4 did never complained of /dev/pts
not being mounted, and was instead able to open /dev/ttyp*... uclibc is
maybe too well written ? ;)

Happy uclibc-ing.
Christian