[uClibc]devpts problems (was Xfree...)

Christian MICHON christian_michon at yahoo.fr
Sun Apr 21 16:42:58 UTC 2002

Hi Erik,

I made some progress regarding the xterm issues I reported a few weeks
back.

I do not know if anyone has this pb on his/her system.
But xterm coming with xfree 4.2 and rxvt 2.6.4 need, unless you tweak
their sources, to access /dev/pts/0 (for example).

This doesn't work on my system. Am I missing something in my MAKEDEV,
my KERNEL, or the pb is inside uclibc ?

By default glibc 2.2.4 with the same MAKEDEV, same KERNEL is working
fine with no modif. I found out that both xterm and rxvt call pseudo
terminals using ptsname function. Is this really implemented yet ?

Rgds,
Christian