[uClibc]tcc

Christian MICHON christian_michon at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 10 08:36:45 UTC 2002

> I am interested to hear if tcc
>     http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/tcc/
> would work...  If it can be compiled vs uClibc (I've
> not tried it) then you could easily add a tiny compiler
> at least to an x86 system...

tcc-0.9.6 compiles fine under uclibc 0.9.10. The final binary is very
attractive because of its size (55k).

BUT:
 * no compilation optimization yet. Memspeed runs faster with uclibc/gcc
toolchain with -Os option.
 * I can't generate valid (uc)libc dynamically linked binaries. I contacted
Fabrice to confirm I was doing things right, but to no avail yet.

Best case, so far, when I "tcc -lc -I. -o Memspeed Memspeed.c", I get actually
a statically linked binary which segfaults. But "tcc Memspeed.c" works.
Beats me, so far...

Christian