[uClibc]uClibc 0.9.10 on MIPS - fails compiling crti.S

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Apr 3 10:41:24 UTC 2002

On Tue Mar 26, 2002 at 12:14:06AM -0800, Joseph Chiu wrote:
> Well, after some false starts, I finally got gcc-3.0.4 put together and was
> able to build uClibc.  My problem with crti.S not building looks to be
> related to my using an older gcc (gcc-2.95.3).  Boy, it sure is nice to have
> hello world that doesn't take up 0.5 meg!

I fixed the crti.S problem shortly after the 0.9.10 release.  I
did something kindof dumb which let the compile fail in some
cases (as you noticed).

> I did encountered two problems that might need to get cleaned up -- make
> clean would choke because some of the Makefiles were "DOS" format (had
> extraneous control-M's); and, make had an error copying crti.o into the lib
> directory (because the lib directory was missing).

Hmm.  I just fixed all the files with control-Ms.  Also,
thanks for catching the crt[in].o install error.  I'd missed
that one.  Fixed now, thanks for the report!