[uClibc]uclibc/powerpc status ?

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Apr 3 09:47:43 UTC 2002

On Fri Mar 22, 2002 at 11:55:52AM +0000, John Traill wrote:
> Subject says it all - What is the status of uclibc + powerpc ?
>
> I tried using my homegrown powerpc cross compiler ( hosted on x86 ) and
> although busybox and uclibc appeared to compile correctly all I got was a
>  kernel panic with no init found.

I just checked a native build on powerpc and it appears to
be working fine with the latest and greatest.

> libgcc/./unwind-sjlj.o -lc && rm -f libgcc_s.so.0.9.9 && ln -s libgcc_s.so
> libgcc_s.so.0.9.9
> /home2/opt/tools5/powerpc-linux/bin/ld: cannot open crti.o: No such file or
> directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This should be fixed now.  That was a bug in uClibc 0.9.10
as shipped.  My bad.  I'm working on getting 0.9.11 out the
door right now, so hopefully I'll be able to avoid any major
screwups...

> I also tried gcc-2.95 but this failed trying to find _G_config.h

I'm working on the gcc-2.95 toolchain right now, but it isn't
quite ready yet.  Very very soon...

> Any hints/tips would be gratefully received ?

Perhaps you could try again with the gcc-3.0.4 toolchain?
That works for at least x86 and arm, and produces a working
C++ compiler and libstdc++ linked with uClibc.

> PS. Is there a searchable version of the uClibc mailing list archive out
> there ?

Add "site:uclibc.org" to your search on google and you
can search the archive with ease...