[uClibc]What am I missing?

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Mon Apr 1 10:29:56 UTC 2002

On Sun Mar 31, 2002 at 02:30:04PM -0300, Luiz Paulo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I'm a newbie when it comes to uClibc, and I'm stuck trying to compile
> something so I decided to ask for some help. Anyways I'm trying to compile
> util-linux with uClibc(0.9.10) and I can't seem to get past the following
> error:
>
> /tmp/ccfk9h7U.o: In function `check_blocks':
> /tmp/ccfk9h7U.o(.text+0x393): undefined reference to `lseek64'
[-------snip----------]
> When I first tried to compile it said I didn't have LFS support, which was

You need to enable LFS support in uClibc.

> needed, so I went and changed the config and added it, compiled it, and
> installed it(now I get the errors above). And from what I read those errors
> are related to LFS(is that right?). Anyways what am I missing? I tried to

Yup.  You probably need to do a 'make clean' and then rebuild.
uClibc does not (yet) have proper build-time dependancy checking.
I've _almost_ got it working, but not quite.

> Well since I'm asking for help, cam I compile cfdisk using minislang? If so
> does it require any special conf to be done?

I don't know for sure.  I know the Debian util-linux has cfdisk
linked against slang, so I imagine it should be possible without
too much work.