[uClibc]Re: building uclibc and busybox

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Sep 13 21:45:07 UTC 2001

On Thu Sep 13, 2001 at 02:02:47PM -0700, John Tyner wrote:
> Alright, so I realized that my ld.so.1 didn't exist. I rebuilt uclibc and
> had it build its own library loader. I then created a link from the /lib
> dir to its actual location in /root/lib and then ran busybox which
> proceeded to segfault instead of giving me an error.
>
> This still doesn't seem to correct that busybox seems to be built to look
> in my /mnt/workspace... directory as opposed to /lib.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix that problem?

I think I understand that basics...  To make uClibc work as a shared
lib loader, you need a working shared lib loader.  You can either
steal a working binary from glibc, or you can use uClibc's one.

I have not tried shared libs on powerpc for a while.  Let me go try
it on a Debian box.

<sound of Erik trying uClibc on ppc>

It looks like uClibc's shared lib loader is not currently working
on powerpc.  None of the test apps work.  I verified that the shared
lib loader is at fault by running
    $ ln -sf /lib/ld-2.2.4.so /home/andersee/uClibc/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0
    $ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/lib:/home/andersee/uClibc/lib
after which the test apps worked as expected (using glibc's shared
lib loader)

If you have the time to look into this, I'm sure that many people will
benefit...  If you don't have the time, you will want to edit your
Config file and set SYSTEM_LDSO to a working powerpc shared lib loader
from glibc,

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee at debian.org, formerly of Lineo