R: [uClibc]R: Doing C++ with uClibc

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Sep 11 04:01:54 UTC 2001

On Mon Sep 10, 2001 at 03:44:18PM +0200, Fabio Parodi wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> I did not compile libstdc++ with uClibc.
> In fact, you need libstdc++ if you use the C++ standard library, things like
> iostream.
> But I don't use iostream and I don't need libstdc++.
>
> I managed to compile flnx with uClibc. flnx is a graphic toolkit written in
> C++,
> running on microwindows (www.microwindows.org). It is derived from
> http://www.fltk.org/.
>
> In order to compile C++ code with uClibc, I've modified the wrapper programs
> I have found in
> uClibc/extra/gcc-uClibc. Please find the tar.gz in attachment. To install
> it, you should do
> something like this:

Ahh, ok.  I hadn't had much time to look into this since you first sent
me your patch (my last couple of weeks at lineo left me very little time
to do much of anything).

This makes things much more clear to me now.

> This will print "hello from A\n" then produce a segmentation fault, because
> uClibc did not
> call the global constructor for static object g.

Right -- I put in a lame attempt at handling these, but I now know
what I need to do to make this stuff work.  I'll try to get that in
place over the next few days.

I've also been doing some work on the header files, which should
also help the code to be more C++ friendly,

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee at debian.org