[uClibc]What's the simplest pcmcia-ether-connection between 2 lap?

Klaus Reinhardt K.Rdt at TU-Berlin.DE
Fri Oct 26 17:07:05 UTC 2001

----------------- mailto:K.Rdt at TU-Berlin.DE start -------------------
Hi

I have 2 laptops with pcmcia-ethercards; they are working under w95
and are recognized under linux 2.4.7 (two high beeps). But I couldn't
use ping after ifconfig and route .. I did a lot of reading and expe-
rimenting.
Now I'm examining another time the kernel compiling CONFIGs and see
such things as
	CONFIG_PCMCIA_SERIAL_CS
	CONFIG_PPPOE
	CONFIG_LAPBETHER
	CONFIG_PCMCIA_NET (TUN/TAP)
Searching my doc-databases don't help me. New kernel compiling is slow
on my 150MHZ. I'm confused. So my question:
What's the simplest pcmcia-ether-connection between 2 lap? I 'only'
wish to use the 2. lap (an 75 MHz IBM-thinkpad) as backup medium?

		K at Rdt
----------------- mailto:K.Rdt at TU-Berlin.DE !end! -------------------