[uClibc]uClibc and termcap

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Oct 26 07:14:10 UTC 2001

On Fri Oct 26, 2001 at 08:43:52AM +0200, Mark Wormgoor wrote:

> Well, I have managed to solve my problem.  I already had
> /usr/share/terminfo/l/linux in the right place.  Turns out my terminal
> emulation was just fine.
>
> However, when I linked the application against the Mandrake newt, it
> looks a whole lot worse, then when I ran it against Redhat newt.
> So, I now link it statically against Redhat libnewt and libslang, and my
> problems are solved :-)
>
> Now, if someone could help me compile uClibc with LFS support, I'll be
> VERY happy (and grateful!)...

uClibc should compile right up with LFS support -- but Large File support is
only partial (i.e. it covers the stuff that I needed to make sfdisk compile).
So you may need to get your fingers dirty adding anything you find missing.
You need to also compile up each app that needs it with LFS support -- and
depending on what they need they may or may not actually compile.