[BusyBox] Re: [uClibc]Still having booting problems...

Cam Mayor cmayor at iders.ca
Thu Oct 18 20:19:07 UTC 2001

Thomas Cameron writes:
> 	Is there any way to download and compile the gcc source _without_
> actually installing the binaries (sort of like the functionality you can
> get from uClibc)?  The problem being is that gcc-2.95 is not available
> for my version of Mandrake.  Moreover, after doing some studying, I have
> found that if I were to, say, replace a package with another one,
> something will break.  Things are tied together pretty tightly with
> Mandrake, and I've already screwed up this system enough.

I have not personally tried this yet, but i have been planning to do so...
check out
http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/

for linux-within-linux.  it will allow you to test stuff on linux
without breaking your current setup.  (i feel for your woes.  i have
broken mine many a time :)

It's not exactly what you were looking for...but is probably better :)

cheers,
cam