[uClibc]Re: __UCLIBC_OLD_STYLE_MMAP__

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Oct 16 04:33:00 UTC 2001

On Tue Oct 16, 2001 at 01:07:01PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> You used the wrong definition for the v850; it should be:
>
> _syscall6(__ptr_t, mmap,
> 	  __ptr_t, addr, size_t, len, int, prot,
> 	  int, flags, int, fd, __off_t, offset);

Looks like I messed up the fix pretty nicely actually....

> Also, why is the file called `_mmap.c' when it defines a function called
> `mmap'?

Because the final archive is created from an ar archive, to which each .o file
is added using the 'r' replace flag.  And because the arch specific stuff comes
after the common stuff, then by using the same file name this allows the v850
_mmap.o file to replace libc/sysdeps/linux/common/_mmap.o so that the arch
specific mmap definition ends up being the one in the final binary.